Monday, September 29, 2008

Blessed

What a lovely Sunday it was. Matt gave McKay a beautiful blessing along with a multitude of other priesthood holders that will be significant examples to him in life. It was awesome to see him surrounded by such strength. There have not been many times in my life when I have felt so overcome with gratitude to be somewhere doing something so special. I don't know if it was because we wondered if this day would ever come; I don't know if it was the beautiful gift of understanding and gratitude for his trials Matt gave McKay; or if it was being surrounded by our family that made me literally shake with joy, but it was a wonderful experience I will always remember.

Of course, then it was time to eat. The house was filled with friends, family and food as we celebrated our little miracle. Matt's sister Hilary made a fabulous cake for McKay and he was held ALL DAY (his favorite past time) by so many adoring fans. Special thanks for Adilfa at Don Polo photography for coming through with some special pictures of McKay. I have posted a bad scan of her beautiful pic of him in his blessing outfit. I will try to get better quality stuff up soon. Much love!

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

It was so wonderful to see you today. Your baby and you are two of the most beautiful people I know. You both have hearts of gold! Thank you for stopping by and sharing your special moments with us. Love ya, Marshelle

jaci said...

It was wonderful to share this special time with you and your sweet family. I felt so uplifted, you just do that for people! I just love you! Talk to you soon!
Jaci

Kristi said...

What a wonderful day. I am so happy that you have so many people around you to offer love and support. I only wish that I could have been there too. Your sweet family is still in our prayers....

Oh, FYI - I am coming into town the last week of Oct and would love to see you and your large mass of a baby. :) I'll email you soon....

Jenny said...

I felt so lucky to be there Sunday. The spirit was so strong. McKay has taught a lot of people so many things. He has strengthened our family. What a special llittle guy!

Anonymous said...

What a beautiful baby boy. I am so sorry for the things he has had to go through, and will go through throughout his life. Isn't it comforting to have the gospel in our lives so that we can give our little ones blessings, and know that they are watched over by their Father in Heaven. You are in our prayers.
Kristen Croasmun

Kimi said...

Seriously cute cake! Did you make that?