Tuesday, July 20, 2010

Soggy

Making the decision to have a child is momentous.
It is to decide forever to have your heart go walking around outside your body.
~Elizabeth Stone
___________________


The fluid is back. It's made itself at home in and around the lower part of Mac's right lung. That also means IV meds are back. And sleepy Mac is back. The next 24 hours will be important. If he responds to the meds, we're on our way to healed. If he does not, we're on our way to another chest tube. Cast your vote for healed, okay?

As for his amazing our-Mac-is back day yesterday? The doctors confessed this morning they were very surprised at how well he did yesterday. Short lived, but soon to return I assured them. We just have to give his body time to figure this thing out.

Come on kiddo, we've got a whole world of summer to enjoy. Let's spring this joint.

7 comments:

Lisanne said...

Thanks for keeping all us blog stalkers updated! I check everyday and think about you guys all the time! I will for sure pray for healing to come your way!!

Dianne said...

Healing gets my vote!! I am keeping Kim up to date on McKay.

The Simmons Family said...

I pray that he'll heal on his own. No more chest tubes! Owen's fell out just after his Glenn and I remember counting down the hours until his next xray praying he wouldn't need another tube. What a long 24 hours those were! Praying Mac will be good and ready to go home soon!

Knudsen's said...

That's the pits. Go McKay! Fight that fluid! Many prayers headed his way. I hope he heals on his own. Keep on keepin' on!
Camille :)

Patti said...

I vote no new tube. BTW, how are your other boys doing without Mom and Dad hanging around?

Emily Capps and Family said...

Prayers for McKay and a self-healing. He is one tough/amazing kid. We are stalking your blog-spot also, my kids and I checked in at least once a day. Thanks for the updates.

Stefenie said...

Praying that the meds do the trick and he is BACK on the right track again!

Hang in there!!! {{{HUG}}}