Monday, June 8, 2009

You've Gotta Move It

This is how Mr. McKay prefers to spend his days:

Sitting in one spot surrounded by his favorite toys.


This is the trouble Mr. Mac has found himself in lately...



He is currently being tag-teamed by physical and occupational therapists determined to teach him how to move his little hunk of love around on his own.

It's hard work that makes him question how he got into this mess.


It also makes him more than a little annoyed with me...


Go Mac, go! We're cheering for you. I am so proud of your strong little body and all that it's done for you so far. You have beaten all the odds and now is not the time to stop. These next few months will be tough. You will cry. You will get frustrated. But the next time they go in to fix your little thumper, you will be ahead of the game. You will be strong. You will know how to move. You will want to move. And that desire will help you heal. I cannot express how proud I am of you. You make us all try harder. Keep after it buddy! This is just the beginning; the world is yours.

5 comments:

Meredith said...

Go Mckay! You can do it!

Jenny said...

So, what's wrong with sitting in one spot? It is kind of nice for awhile! We are cheering you on McKay as we have been all along:).

Aimee Hardy said...

McKay sounds just like Jack, content as can be to stay in one place and none too happy when I try to talk him into crawling or moving his feet while standing. Little stinkers. I just keep reminding myself that he's gonna get there one day and then I'll wonder why I worked so hard to teach him how.

Keep up the hard work McKay!

Michele said...

yeah McKay!!! Keep up the good work:)

The INCREDIBLE Pettit's said...

Is that Shauna? You can do it buddy! I never thought Tea would move and now I can't keep him still...I miss the old days:)