Monday, May 11, 2009

Not Me! Monday




Late? Not me. I am a terribly punctual person. I'm always, always, always on time (it's hard to even type that with a straight face!). One, two, three kids? No problem. Bring it on. No matter the challenge, I am NEVER late. Not me!

That's why I was not amused to learn that when I made a huge extra effort to make sure the boys would be at their baseball games on time Saturday and was not feeling quite smug with myself and the genius of my plan which involved two cars and a staggered exit from the house, to then receive a phone call from Matt which did not let me know that although they were early, I had NOT sent the correct child. What? Apparently is not good enough just to get a child there--it needs to be the one whose team is playing at the time. My bad. The entire incident made me so not scared out of my mind wondering how I will actually manage three little schedules in the years to come and two boys at two different schools next year. The teachers just need at least one warm body there, right? Late? Wrong kid? Not me!

Not Me! Monday is the brainchild of a fellow heart momma. You can head over to her blog if you'd like to read what she and everyone else have also not been doing this week.

7 comments:

Patti said...

That's hilarious!

wylie said...

Oh Mindi! No way! You ARE so organized and on time, that was out of character, I'll be chuckling about it for a few hours.

Anonymous said...

I think getting someone there ought to count! It gets easier when they are old enough to remind you when they have things!

Jenny said...

Oops, I didn't realize I was logged in as Stockton. Maybe it doesn't get any better:).

Michele said...

That is way too funny!!! I am glad I am not the only one that does stuff like that:)

Allison said...

Mindi,

We were SO SAD we missed you! I seriously LOVE the board that you brought. We were out in the RV eating lunch at that moment and I was sure that we had just passed each other. Hopefully we can meet up again soon. Until then, THANK YOU for rooting so hard for us! We met Denata and she raves about how well McKay is doing. Hopefully we get the same results in a few more months! (and I love the Not Me's!!)

Alli Hicken

likeschocolate said...

Though I am sure it was very stressful at the time it is really funny. I do crazy stuff like that all the time.